1. Each submission should include a title page containing:
- Author(s) name(s).
- Institutional affiliation and title for each author.
- Contact information, including, at a minimum, an email address.
- An abstract of 150 to 250 words
- 1 to 3 applicable JEL codes
- 3-5 keywords
- Acknowledgment of any financial support received for the research, as well as help from any other scholars who have contributed criticism or feedback on earlier drafts of the paper.
2. Please also submit a version of your manuscript that does not include the author information on the title page, and has removed any reference in the paper that could help identify the author. This does not mean that self-citations need to be redacted, as long as the text does not identify that work with the author(s) of the paper.
3. All citations should follow the most recent APA style for in-text citations with a complete references list at the end of the document.
4. Articles should be separated into subsections with descriptive heading titles. Headings should be capitalized and appear in Bold. Headings should not be numbered.
5. Tables and figures:
- All tables and figures should be included at the end of the document, with a note in the text that indicates their approximate location, i.e. [insert Table 1 here].
- When possible try to avoid full-page tables that will be difficult to format into the smaller page size at publication. It may be better to split information into two tables.
- Include a zero in front of the decimal point for all numbers with an absolute value that is less than 1. (e.g., 0.483, not .483)
6. Discursive notes and clarifications should be in endnotes, not footnotes.
7. When there is disagreement, please use American rather than British English spelling conventions. In the text, write out the word “percent.” In tables, the shortened “%” may be used.
8. Formal proofs, empirical work, or documentation can appear in an appendix. These can be included with the article, but if they are very long, they might only be made available online.
9. Once an article is accepted for publication, we encourage authors to submit any code, data, or survey details necessary for replication to be posted on the journal website with the article.
10. Please submit submissions electronically to the executive editor, Steven McMullen.